Monday, May 16, 2016

A Rose for David

    At 8:52 PM on May 2nd my newest nephew came into the world making me an auntie for the 9th time, he weighed 8 lbs 5 oz and was 19 1/2 in. long. The Sunday after he was born there was a rose at church to honor his arrival and the pastor announced it before the sermon.
   Three moments at his birth stand out to me more than others, the first was the moment he was born and my sister (his mother) held him in her arms for the very first time, the look of joy on her face right then was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, the second was the moment she held him and said with such joy that it was a little boy, the announcement we had all been waiting for all those nine months. And the third, the moment I held him in my arms for the first time, it was one of such immense joy it cannot be described, it is an amazing thing to hold a new life in your arms, the result of such hard work on the part of its mother and imagine all the things that it may do. I'm sure David will grow up to do great things.

Psalm 127:3   Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment